Headmaster of Beechwood – Mr Aaron Lennon
Welcome to Beechwood Prep School, part of the educational landscape in Tunbridge Wells since 1915. We are a 3-11 independent co-educational preparatory school for boys and girls. The school has a fine academic record with a strong emphasis on a family ethos where each child is known and nurtured. Personal development is valued as much as academic achievement and we encourage our boys and girls to participate in the wide range of activities both in and out of the classroom that help them develop resilience, problem solving skills, nurtures creativity, and co-operation. Beechwood pupils are happy pupils; inquisitive and keen to learn with a real sense of pride in their school.
The school is located in a wonderful setting in 24 acres of idyllic parkland in Tunbridge Wells with the school motto ‘Calm amidst the waves’ illustrating the calm oasis that is Beechwood. Our grounds and gardens are an important learning resource with the school’s outdoor classroom being used all-year round.
Choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions that parents will make because we like you want to ensure that we equip our boys and girls with a wide range of learning behaviours and skills that will ensure successful transition to secondary school and beyond. Many pupils transfer to Beechwood Senior School in Year 7 but for those applying for selective grammar schools then we have an excellent success record.
I am always amazed at the talents of our pupils through Drama, Music, Art, entrepreneurial activities through Enterprise Days, the compassion shown through charitable acts of everyday kindness, or the celebration of interests and achievements outside of school. As Headmaster of Beechwood I am immensely proud of our boys and girls in the Prep School and I look forward to welcoming you meet our pupils and staff to see the wonderful education that we offer at Beechwood.
Mr Aaron Lennon
- To be a vibrant, caring school, providing an education rooted in our Catholic Christian faith and in the Sacred Heart tradition where each person is known and loved.
- To enable all who study here to discover their strengths and make the most of their talents within a nurturing and supportive community.
- To foster spiritual and personal development and a sense of social responsibility.
- To create an educational environment that nurtures creativity, encourages flexibility and embraces independence of thought
- To equip our pupils with the values, skills, and habits of mind that will help shape their future in a wider world.
In order to achieve these overall aims, we have the following specific intentions:
- To provide for all pupils a curriculum that is broad, balanced, coherent and relevant
- To assist all pupils to acquire the knowledge and skills which will enable them to lead fulfilling lives at School, at home and at work, through academic and personal development opportunities.
- To enable all pupils to become confident, independent, self-disciplined adults, able to co-operate with others in a responsible and considerate manner
- To assist all pupils to appreciate human achievement in all forms: art, drama, literature, music, science, technology and physical pursuits and to encourage participation in these fields as appropriate
- To enable all pupils to gain a knowledge of and respect for people of other races and nationalities and their beliefs, cultures and ways of life, and to encourage them to live together harmoniously
- To develop in all pupils a care and concern for others
- To encourage all pupils to contribute to the life and community of the School through a culture of service and participation in activities and events.
- To promote in all pupils respect of religious and moral values and in particular those of the Catholic Church