At Beechwood Prep we believe that school should be fun! We unashamedly make the happiness of our children paramount in all our decision-making. We are a relatively small 3-11 independent co-educational pre-prep and preparatory school for boys and girls and our size means that each child is known and nurtured. Personal development is valued as much as academic achievement and our Christian ethos with an emphasis on kindness and helpfulness is central to all we do as a community.
The school has a fine academic record with many pupils winning places at our strong local grammar schools but we also prepare for a range of independent secondary schools including our own excellent senior school here at Beechwood.
The school is located in a wonderful setting in 23 acres of idyllic parkland in Tunbridge Wells. Our grounds and gardens are an important learning resource with the school’s outdoor classroom being used all-year round. We encourage our boys and girls to participate in a wide range of activities both in and out of the classroom that help them develop skills such as resilience, problem solving, and co-operation.
Plentiful opportunities in Sport, Drama, Music, Art and regular participation in extra days such as Enterprise Days, allow our boys and girls to demonstrate their considerable talents on a regular basis.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you to our school so that you can meet our pupils and staff and see the happy and purposeful education that we offer at Beechwood.
Mr John Coakley
Head of Prep
- To be a vibrant, caring school, providing an education rooted in our Catholic Christian faith and in the Sacred Heart tradition where each person is known and loved.
- To enable all who study here to discover their strengths and make the most of their talents within a nurturing and supportive community.
- To foster spiritual and personal development and a sense of social responsibility.
- To create an educational environment that nurtures creativity, encourages flexibility and embraces independence of thought
- To equip our pupils with the values, skills, and habits of mind that will help shape their future in a wider world.